[Ep 142] Recapping 2015: What Worked, What Didn't & What's Changing in 2016
I don't even know where to start…
It's been nothing short of a transformation for Josh and I.
From overhauling our entire monetization model to restructuring our business, rebranding the Screw to creating one hell of a community, getting clear on our strengths and roles in the business to making some key hires, it's been one hell of a year!
And while I've talked about it quite a bit, it never ceases to amaze me how much clarity you can gain, how much momentum you can build and how much of an impact one little year can make.
I think if I had to boil it down to one thing that I think we've learned this year it would be: Don't be afraid to change your mind.
That one little lesson has led to some of our biggest breakthroughs and ah-ha moments and I truly believe it's the reason we have the business we do today.
But what specifically has worked for the Screw, what REALLY didn't and what can you expect in the new year?
Oh well, you're just gonna have to click play because we're breakin' it all down and revealing a HUGE move in our business.
And I bet you'll never guess what it is.
Words Of Wisdom In This Week's Episode:
- Why creating a free FB group was such a HUGE win this year
- Why “just start it” was such a big phrase for us in 2015
- What we learned from managing our free group
- Why we cut 3 products down into 1
- What do we think about the recurring revenue model?
- How has our business changed as a result of overhauling Screw U into a monthly membership community
- Which forum software do we love? THIS ONE!
- What does Jill do every week that Screw U members abso-freakin'-lutely love?
- How do we go the extra mile inside Screw U and why is that important?
- Our favourite strategy we've ever learned – The Octopus!
- What happened once we implemented funnels into the Screw
- What DIDN'T work for us?
- Why “modelling” someone else's business is the worst idea evah
- How we feel about being in “launch mode”
- Is “lifetime” membership really the way to go?
- Why we decided to stop offering refunds
- What happened when we upped our podcast frequency
- Do download numbers REALLY matter
- What form of content do we enjoy most?
- What can you expect for this show in 2016? We're FINALLY revealing it!
- Find out how YOU can use FB groups to grow your business
- Want to make more, without working more? Here's how to create your first sales funnel
- Ready to learn take your FB ad efforts to the next level? Get on the VIP list for Addicted!
- Want to take your business to the next level? Check out Screw U!
- Looking for people who “get” you? Come join our FREE FB group!
Subscribe To The Podcast
Listen to a new episode every Tuesday at 7am EST