So you've reached a point in your business where you wanna step things up. To make the most of the eyeballs you get and convert more of them into subscribers and buyers!
Two of the OGs of the online marketing space are ClickFunnels and Leadpages. Both are both powerful tools, while they have an overlap in terms of their usage, they're actually quite distinct.
ClickFunnels is a complete sales funnel builder, whereas Leadpages is landing page software. Before we jump in and compare these tools, let’s be clear on the difference between a funnel and a landing page.
What’s a sales funnel?
A sales funnel is the journey you take your visitors on from initial contact to the end goal (making a sale, subscribing, opting in for a free trial, etc). This journey is usually made up of a series of pages.
A basic funnel might look like this;
- A page of content that educates your audience and introduces the product.
- A landing page to collect email addresses.
- A sales page for your product.
- A check out page.
- Then possibly upsell or special offer pages.
What’s a Landing Page?
A landing page is a single web page that someone lands on when they click on a search result, marketing promotion, email, or an online ad. They’re built to drive traffic to a specific marketing goal; to convert. Whether that’s cold leads to your email list or warm leads to customers. These landing pages are the first pages in your funnel.
Now let’s look at ClickFunnels vs Leadpages specifically
ClickFunnels was founded in 2015 by Russell Brunson. Russell started his online marketing career teaching people how to make potato guns, I kid you not!
ClickFunnels is sales funnel builder, which gives businesses the power to promote, sell, and deliver the products they sell online. ClickFunnels combines all the main elements of a sales funnel into one tool.
Leadpages was founded in 2012 by Clay Collins as specifically a landing page builder. Leadpages integrates with your email service provider to capture leads. It's simple drag and drop user interface makes it pretty easy to create landing pages which convert.
What can ClickFunnels do?
Here are the main ClickFunnels features:
- Conversion tracking
- Website hosting
- A/B Split Testing
- Easy to use
- Powerful drag and drop editor
- Landing page software
- Various sales funnels, aka ‘Funnel-in-a-box’
- Simple WYSIWYG Editor
- Professional themes and templates
- Email autoresponder software
- Membership sites
- Opt-ins (two step & instant)
What can Leadpages do?
Here are the main Leadpages features:
- Lots of mobile friendly templates
- Customization via the drag-and-drop builder. Drop in images, text, widgets, buttons, etc
- High converting landing pages
- Integrates with various software, increasing your scope to do more with your landing pages. You can capture leads and directly send them to your email service provider
- Robust analytics
- Integrates with all popular email service providers
- Add your landing pages to existing sites/domains
- Use Leadboxes to get leads via two-step opt-in forms. The lead is automatically added to your list and the lead magnet can be delivered automatically
- SEO-friendly pages
- SMS opt-in codes & 1-Click signup links via automated SMS conversation
- WordPress Plugin
- Double opt-in compatible to sync easily with your email services
- Lead notifications, in-case you do not have an email service yet. You can get leads’ data directly to your inbox
- Add videos to Leadpages
- Countdown timer to add urgency
They offer a 14 day trial, then there are a couple of pricing plans available.
The basic plan starts at $97/month. This includes:
- 20 Funnels
- 100 Pages
- 20k visitors/month
- Shopping cart, CRMs and email autoresponders integration.
The Etison Suite: includes all the ‘Actionetics’ (shopping cart, CRMs and email autoresponders) and ‘Backpacks’ (Backpack is customizable affiliate tracking within ClickFunnels for your products) is $297/month.
Leadpages have three plans;
- Start plan: $19/m ($15/m paid annually) 1 site.
- Standard plan: $37/m ($25/m paid annually) 1 site, landing pages, pop ups, alert bars.
- Pro Plan: $79/m ($48/m paid annually) 3 sites, split testing, opt in text campaigns, email trigger links, online sales and payments.
Pros & Cons of ClickFunnels
- The main benefit of ClickFunnels is its simplicity. Having everything in one place makes creating funnels much easier
- You can add text boxes, shopping cart buttons, video and other elements.
- Includes most features you’ll need to create your sales funnel, such as a shopping cart and email autoresponder software.
- Built-in email autoresponder – no need to integrate external tools.
- Twilio integration lets you send automated SMS messages to subscribers to your funnel.
- ClickFunnels could be seems as a jack of all trades. Lacking excellence in any one area.
- Their landing page builder isn’t as powerful as the Leadpages builder.
ClickFunnels is great software specifically created for online marketers with physical or digital products, coaching services and memberships. ClickFunnels makes it easy to create a sales funnel, but as mentioned it includes so many features, that none are exceptional.
Pros & Cons of Leadpages
Leadpages was created specifically to build effective landing pages. There are plenty of options of templates, which means you can run plenty of tests to optimize conversions.
- Leadpages comes with hundreds of free and paid landing page templates built for local businesses, app developers, physical product businesses, online marketers and more.
- Leadpages has a more powerful landing page builder than ClickFunnels, with more customization options available. You can add text boxes, video players, social sharing buttons and lots more via the drag and drop interface.
- The builder includes an HTML editor for designers who want to add their own code.
- 100% mobile responsive landing pages.
- Lots of integrations
- Leadpages WordPress Connector makes it so easy to publishing Leadpages content to your WordPress website.
- Easy A/B testing and conversion optimization tools.
- Leadpages is a focused landing page software. This means adding integrations is a multi-step process.
ClickFunnels vs Leadpages?
If you're focused on creating multiple landing pages to build your email list and make one off sales. Then Leadpages could be the best tool for your needs. It’s a fair bit cheaper than ClickFunnels and it’s super easy to use (definitely less of a learning curve). If you’re on a more limited budget then Leadpages would be a sensible choice.
However, if you need a tool which will help you create proper sales funnels, focusing on conversion and increasing the profit from each customer (offering up sells, down sells and order bumps). If you need to create survey landing pages or a membership site. Maybe start your own affiliate program with BackPack. Or replace your existing email service using Actionetics. Or if you need a platform to build your business around, then ClickFunnels would be a wise choice.
Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links. This means that we earn a small commission for each purchase made through our links. This does not cost you more and we only recommend great products.