Obvious statement alert: Running a business online takes a lot of hard work and sacrifice.
I know, it’s a total “duuuh” statement.
But here’s the thing…
If you have a significant other who doesn’t get it?
Well, it can feel straight up draining trying to navigate conversations with them about your business.
Which is why I wanted to bring Marla Mattenson onto the podcast this week.
Who the eff is Marla you ask?
She’s a relationship coach for entrepreneurs!
Which means she not only gets our crazy world of entrepreneurship, but she’s been helping digital entrepreneurs improve their communication with their partners so they can get on the same page and lead love-filled lives!
So, if you’ve ever felt like you’ve had to justify why you do what you do…
Or explain why you work the hours you do…
Or break down why you’re making certain investments in your business…
Or tried to set boundaries that allow you the space to create…
Then you’ve gotta scroll up and give this a listen!
Because your dreams don’t have to be an area of disconnection in your relationship!
And in this episode Marla is arming you with the strategies you need to make the balance between your business and your love life easier.
The Biggest Takeaways from This Episode:
- The message that our choices around where we spend our time is sending to the Universe, and our partners.
- How working around your partner's schedule rather than your own – even once a week – can create a huge impact on your relationship.
- Why putting a plan in place for your relationship the same way you do for your business could be the key to success in both.
- How coaching your partner will result in the exact opposite of the goal you were trying to achieve… or worse.
- The different ways that your partner may show that they're not getting enough from you, and how they're not all the same.
- Why you should never expect your partner to ever but as excited about your business as you are…. and how to deal with it.
- How to explain to your partner what it is that you truly need from them.
- The impact that having friction in your relationship around money may be having on your business.
- How to add value to your relationship beyond bringing more money into your lives.
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Marla Mattenson: Relationship & Intimacy Expert.
- What did you think of this episode? Tell us here!
- Subscribe to the show and get notified when a new episode goes live!
- Come join our FREE FB Group
A Little Note From Josh & Jill
Thank you so very much for tuning into the show!
We know there are a LOT of podcasts you could be listening to today, but you chose ours and we're forever grateful for that!
If you enjoyed this week's episode, we'd love for you to take a quick minute to share your thoughts with us and leave an honest review and rating for the show over on iTunes!
Your review is not only paramount in helping others discover the show, but we also read each and every submission personally…and they mean the world to us.
So, thank you in advance!
The other (cheekier) half of Screw The Nine To Five + a diehard traveler with our little guy Kai.