“I really want to create an online business, but I have no clue what to sell or where to start!”
Honestly, I hear it all the time. And while I totally understand the lack of clarity on what to focus on—especially when you're just starting out—sometimes we can overlook the opportunities that are staring us straight in the face.
Like, your day job.
Yep. That ol' 9-to-5 you're trying to escape can sometimes be the answer to your freedom-based dreams.
But how do you take your day job and transform it into an online business? Well, for starters, you click play.
Click the button above or download this episode on iTunes or Stitcher.
And don’t forget to tune in for a new episode every Thursday at 7am EST!
Words of Wisdom from This Week's Episode:
- The $0.11 changed Shane and Jocelyn's lives
- How this couple took their 9-to-5 jobs and transformed them into online businesses
- The power of niching down and serving a ultra-specific audience
- Why August 2013 will always stand out in their minds
- Thinking back to their first day as entrepreneurs
- How Shane and Jocelyn structure their businesses to keep things running smoothly
- Shane and Jocelyn's biggest win – it's HUGE!!
- Update: Shane and Jocelyn recently had their first 6 figure MONTH – with $142,000 in August alone!!
- Shane and Jocelyn's biggest piece of advice for anyone wanting to get started online
[Tweet “$0.11 and inspiration from their 9-5's changed @FlippedLS life. Find out how!”]
- Shane and Jocelyn's website – FlippedLifestyle.com
- Pat Flynn's Green Exam Academy
- Shane's website – CoachXO.com
- Jocelyn's website – ElementaryLibrarian.com
- John & Elizabeth's episode
- Subscribe to the show
11 thoughts on “[EP 33] Transforming a 9-to-5 Job into an Online Business with Shane & Jocelyn”
Great interview guys! It is super motivational to hear about stories like these. I have a question though, what did you do to get the traffic to your site and making $2000/mth in just 3 months? What were your steps and what worked really well for you?
Thanks for your help!
Hi Sue 🙂
We talk a lot about this very subject in a couple places:
Episode 12 of Our Podcast http://flippedlifestyle.com/podcast12/
This Q&A on our minipodcast http://flippedlifestyle.com/qa03
This Interview w/ Jim Harmer: http://incomeschool.com/school-teachers-killing-online-one-year/
Hope that helps 🙂
Fantastic! Thanks very much for the links and I will be checking them out today for sure! Here’s to taking charge of income and life! 🙂
Amazing story and hearing it a 2nd time was still an incredible learning experience. You two were on Pat Flynn’s SPI 122 and it’s so rewarding to hear how blessed you two are through your online endeavors. Great to hear that you are improving, learning, and still staying connected with successful entrepreneurs and business couples like Josh and Jill! Can’t wait to hear more in the future about your continued success. Cheers!
That’s really sweet of you, David 🙂
Glad you still enjoyed listening to it a second time around!
Loved this episode! Yeah, hearing about the finances always is good motivation. But, to really hear the passion these two have for their ventures was the gold in this episode. They’ve done so much and they are clearly just getting started. Taking advantage of that momentum.
Yeah they are SO inspiring! I just love these two…glad you dug ’em as well 🙂
Thank you for this podcast! Very inspiring!
So happy you enjoyed it 🙂
Great podcast. I love his accent.
It’s so fun, eh?! I mimic it all the time! lol
Comments are closed.