Be honest: Does this sound like you?
“Well, I was going to finish my ebook, but then I watched this webinar on the power of Facebook Live so now I think I should start livestreaming my day because that's TOTALLY going to build my business!”.
Or what about…
“I'm trying to build my website, but I think I should write a few blogposts first so I have something to launch with. Ohhhh and now that I think about it I should totally create a webinar and learn Facebook ads because I hear that's all the rage right now. OH! And I should probably invest in that sales funnel training because I definitely need to know that oh and SQUIRREL!”.
Come onnnnn. I won't judge!
We all do it…
We fall victim to shiny object syndrome.
We get distracted by the latest craze, that new opportunity or this sick strategy we see someone else using that seems to be working for them, and we let ourselves get off track.
Which causes us to lose focus and eventually things start to feel…well…frustrating because we can't seem to get any of our projects done.
Have you ever experienced that?
If so, you are going to fall head-over-heels in love with today's episode because we're not only tackling the topic of shiny object syndrome, but we're dishin' tricks to help you avoid it once and for all!
Which means you'll be able to focus on getting shit done in your business.
If you like what you hear, be sure to give us a 5 star rating or leave a review!
And don’t forget to tune in for a new episode every Tuesday!
Words Of Wisdom In This Week's Episode:
- The tell-tale signs of shiny object syndrome: how do you know if you have it?
- How to flex your idea muscles, while still staying on track.
- The foolproof way to gain momentum.
- What's the difference between pivoting and shiny object syndrome?
- What it means to pick and commit, and how to do it.
- Once you choose a path how long should you follow it?
- What does the term Pomodoro have to do with productivity?
Click to Tweet
- Ready to get down to it? Try the Stay Focusd Chrome extension.
- The Pomodoro Technique – use it to keep you on track during your day.
- Subscribe to the show
The other (cheekier) half of Screw The Nine To Five + a diehard traveler with our little guy Kai.