When you're first starting out and dipping your toes in the webpreneurial waters it can be downright difficult to know where you should be focusing your efforts.
Should you blog?
Start a podcast?
Get social and start “networking”? *gag*
Pitch for guest posts?
Participate in telesummits?
Oh, wait, I know! Host live webinars! Because…money!
It's never-ending and if we're being honest here, it can leave you feeling, well, a little overwhelmed.
Because here's the thing…
When we're first starting out we don't want to waste our time on what MIGHT work.
We just want to focus on what DOES work.
Lawwwd do I know how that feels.
In fact, for the first 2 years or so of our business I felt like Josh and I bounced around from idea to idea, trying almost anything someone told us we should try.
Because we didn't really know better…and we just wanted something to click.
Fast forward a few years and I feel like we have gotten crystal clear on what works best for us right now.
The top 3?
Podcasting, webinars and live events.
Especially live events.
Not just because we've been able to meet some amazing friends, but because we've learned SO much as a result of putting ourselves out there, forking over the cash and showing up in “student mode” to try and take in as much as we possibly can.
In fact, in the last year alone we've hit 7 events, and what's happened as a result of them has been truly earth-shattering for our business and our own personal development.
Think live events are an unnecessary expense?
And then click the play button at the top of the page and let us breakdown our 3 reasons why you NEED to attend a live event if you want to succeed in this game we call online entrepreneurship.
And don’t forget to tune in for a new episode every Thursday at 7am EST!
Words Of Wisdom In This Week's Episode:
- How to use live events to zap entrepreneurial loneliness (which is a real thing by the way).
- What you're guaranteed to get out of each live event.
- Why relationships are everything in business.
- How to form solid relationships at live events that will help you succeed in business.
- The ONE tip that will help to ease feelings of overwhelm when figuring out how to “network” at events.
- How to use your networking abilities at live events to leverage the success of other people just like you.
- The first live event we ever attended from the Dynamite Circle – DCBKK
- Ryan Deiss and Perry Belcher's event – Traffic and Conversion Summit
- Social Media Examiner's event – Social Media Marketing World
- InfusionSoft's live event – InfusionCon
- John Lee Dumas and Kate Erickson's site – EntrepreneurOnFire.com
- Pat Flynn's site – SmartPassiveIncome.com
- Shane and Jocelyn's site – FlippedLifestyle.com
- Amy Porterfield's site – AmyPorterfield.com
- Subscribe to the show
The other (cheekier) half of Screw The Nine To Five + a diehard traveler with our little guy Kai.