“People come into your life for a reason, or for a season.”
It's Christmas day.
Your entire family is sitting around the living room, indulging in the shrimp cocktail – and maybe a few of other types of cocktails.
And then it happens…
Aunt Suzie looks up from her wine, looks directly at you, and in front of everyone she says:
“So, what's going on with this little business thing of yours? Something about working on the internet? I just don't understand how anyone could ever make money off of something like that…”
You know that Aunt Suzie doesn't mean any harm but you also can't bring yourself to have that conversation for the nine hundredth time with someone who simply does not get it.
And guess what? You don't have to!
In this episode, Josh and I jam on the best way to manage the negative relationships, and conversations that simply do not serve you, even when they are hard AF.
Scroll up to give it a listen!
The Biggest Takeaways from This Episode:
- How to take responsibility for bringing people into – and removing – them from your life.
- What to do when you feel triggered by uncomfortable conversations and situations as they relate to your business.
- The best way to control the conversations that you have with people to avoid getting stuck in a negative convos about your business.
- What to say when it's time to step up to the plate and have honest conversations, even if those convos are with some of the people you're closest to.
- Why your desire to move on from certain people it's not 100% about you, but also about the other person.
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- RISE podcast with Rachel & Dave Hollis on iTunes.
- THE QUICKIE! That's right: we've got a brand new style of content that launchedcheck out our quickie episodes on our iTunes channel!
- What did you think of this episode? Tell us here!
- Subscribe to the show and get notified when a new episode goes live!
A Little Note From Josh & Jill
Thank you so very much for tuning into the show!
We know there are a LOT of podcasts you could be listening to today, but you chose ours and we're forever grateful for that!
If you enjoyed this week's episode, we'd love for you to take a quick minute to share your thoughts with us and leave an honest review and rating for the show over on iTunes!
Your review is not only paramount in helping others discover the show, but we also read each and every submission personally…and they mean the world to us.
So, thank you in advance!
The other (cheekier) half of Screw The Nine To Five + a diehard traveler with our little guy Kai.